ARTICLE AD BOX
Alan Sheehan says he had chances to leave Swansea City last summer and earlier this season but opted to remain at the Championship club.
In an open letter to fans, American owners Brett Cravatt and Jason Cohen revealed Sheehan had turned down "a number of high-profile opportunities" to remain at Swansea.
Sheehan, who won admirers for his specialist set-piece work while completing his pro licence last year, says he has spoken to other clubs about managerial and coaching vacancies.
"It was never really public knowledge," Swansea's caretaker head coach said.
"I come in, I do my work, I go home and see my family - it's a very simple life.
"In terms of other clubs, I was very open with ownership and the people here that I spoke to them and I decided to stay here."
Sheehan, 38, is in his second temporary spell as Swansea boss since joining the club as an assistant head coach in the summer of 2023.
He is interested in becoming their head coach on a permanent basis, but doubts remain over whether he will be offered a long-term contract.
Sheehan will be at the helm for the remainder of the season, with Swansea looking to cement their second-tier status as quickly as possible as they head into the final seven games of another turbulent campaign.
After successive defeats, Sheehan's side lifted the mood with a rousing draw at high-flying Leeds United last weekend, but now face key home games against Derby County on Saturday and Plymouth Argyle next Wednesday.
"I love living here and I love the thought of bringing moments like the one we had at the end of the Leeds game on a more regular basis," Sheehan said.
The Irishman has again insisted he is happy for the club to take their time in choosing who their next permanent boss will be, adding: "It's a process that has to be gone through.
"If managers come up, you have to speak to them, whether it takes a day or a couple of months, whatever it is. Right now I am solely focused on Derby."